At GoChurch we are dedicated to safeguarding and preserving your privacy when visiting our site or communicating electronically with us.
We do update this Policy from time to time so please do return and review this Policy regularly.
GoChurch is a family of churches working together to reach the world. We consider all our contacts to be part of our church network and data privacy is of the utmost importance to us. This privacy statement explains what personal data GoChurch collects through our interactions with you and how we use this data.
Personal data we collect
We endeavour to only collect and use your personal information with your knowledge and consent. Typically, this happens when you visit our church or website, make an enquiry or register for resources or other services.
The type of information we collect could include, for example, your name, email address, IP address. Your personal data will be used in support of the intended purposes stated at the time at which it was collected, and subject to any preferences indicated by you.
How we use personal data
As you would expect, being a church family, we have a legitimate interest in processing the data we receive, particularly if you volunteer on teams that require a rota.
Your personal data may also be used for other purposes which could include: managing and administering your account; delivering any services, products or information requested by you; and verifying your identity when required.
We may also undertake analysis based on your attendance and contact you with information about or invite you to upcoming events.
If you have consented (opted-in) to being on our GoChurch app (provided currently by ChurchSuite) you may have been given login details so that you can update your details and preferences for how much data is visible to the rest of the church family. Alternatively you can contact us at any time to have your details removed from our contact list, or to update your information or to otherwise tell us how you would like to receive information about our products and services – the choice is yours. (Please note that if you do ask to be removed then it will prevent you from receiving key information such as rotas)
To update your preferences or request login access to your data please email and quote your name in the body of the email and tell us what you want us to do (i.e. ‘unsubscribe newsletter’ and we will action this request).
N.B: WE NEVER SHARE PERSONAL DATA AND CONTACT DETAILS WITH THIRD PARTIES
Children are an important part of the GoChurch family and we therefore take extra care with any data relating to them. Until the age of 16 all children’s data will be managed by their parent or guardian in line with our safeguarding policy (for more information about the safeguarding policy please visit gochurch.cc/safeguarding) and it will be their responsibility to keep the information up to date and correct. In addition to the use of data previously mentioned for children we also require medical and dietary information to enable us to look after and protect the children to the best of our abilities. From 16 to 18 years old we will not only require permission from the parent/guardians but also the child themselves.
How to access and control your personal data
You can write to us at any time to obtain details of the personal information we may hold about you. Please email [email protected]gochurch.cc
Please quote your name together with your mobile. We would be grateful if could also provide brief details of what information you want a copy of (this helps us to more readily locate your data).
We will take all reasonable steps to confirm your identity before providing you with details of any personal information we may hold about you.
We collect information through cookies to ensure the content of the website and the website pathways work as effectively as possible and provide you with a useful online experience with GoChurch. We use the following cookies to help us achieve this:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website and are completely anonymous. Below are examples of when or why we will use these cookies:
- to help the website to function and enhance the look and feel of the website;
- to ensure you are always provided with a quick and responsive browsing experience;
- our web servers to respond to your actions on the website or browsing the website. The website would not be able to work without it; and
- they also help to improve navigation around our website and allow you to return to pages you have previously visited.
- Analytical/performance cookies: These allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works. Below are examples of when we will use these cookies:
- statistical information and log data about the number of visits to certain pages on the site;
- the pages you viewed and activities you carried out during your visit;
- the time and date of your visit;
- the duration you stayed on a certain page; and
- the path taken whilst on the site.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences. Below are examples of when we will use these cookies:
- as soon as you visit the website, a cookie on your device will identify you have returned to the website and record your preferences;
- when submitting a comment to one of our blogs, the information you enter is remembered in order to make it easier for you to comment next time.
By using our website, you agree to us placing the cookies specified above on the device you are using (phone, computer, tablet etc.). You can delete or block these cookies at any time, but this might restrict your access to certain areas of the website.
All of this information applies not only to the webpages found using the following domain names gochurch.cc, gochurch.family, and gochurch.global and its subdomains but also to other websites that we maintain (including those linked to GoChurch, WHBC and Business Action).
How long do we keep your information?
To make sure we meet legal data protection and privacy obligations, we only hold on to your information for as long as we need it for the purposes we acquired it in the first place.
There are some instances (i.e. children) where we are required to keep the data for the lifetime of the person so that we comply with the legal safeguarding policy.
Updates and contact
You can update your information and preferences via the GoChurch app at any time or by contacting [email protected]
You should also contact us directly if you have any queries or concerns about the way we process your personal data.
Be assured your privacy is of the utmost importance to us as a family of churches within the UK.