Now is the Time
|March 30th||March 31st||April 1st||April 2nd||April 3rd||April 4th||April 5th|
|New Testament||Luke 7 v 1-30||Luke 7 v 31-50||Luke 8 v 1-21||Luke 8 v 22-56||Luke 9 v 1-36||Luke 9 v 37-62||Luke 10 v 1-24|
Now more than ever, Jesus is sending us to the World.
Life has changed for so many of us. Parents becoming home-schoolers, tens of thousands of workers on “furlough”, NHS & other key workers working so hard for us all.
Something else has changed. Community is starting to build all around us, neighbours watching out for one another, churches reaching further online, volunteers rising and people looking beyond their 4 walls and caring for others.
In Luke 10 we read “The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field.”
So, how can we go if we have to stay at home. A big question that we have all been looking at in the GoChurch Family.
Consider first the farmer. A farmer sows a crop and then waits for the harvest to be ready. He doesn’t try and harvest when the shoots are green, or the fruit hasn’t yet fully grown. He waits patiently for the harvest to be ready.
There are also times when a crop is grown in a greenhouse and quick growth is encouraged, extra nutrients may be applied. However, the farmer still has to be patient but he sees results more quickly.
This is a greenhouse time! We are in our houses and relationship building is a key nutrient for seeing a great harvest. Don’t force your faith but win your neighbours, friends and family over with a gentle, quiet spirit. (1 Peter 3:4)
So, here are some ideas:
1. Start a WhatsApp support group for your street. Post a slip of paper through your neighbours’ doors with your mobile number on, explain the purpose of the group is to give support if needed and let them text you if they want to join in. You will be surprised how many want to connect. There are currently 12 in the group that our neighbours started.
2. Be available. Let you neighbours know you are available to chat. A WhatsApp group might be too much for some but just to know that there is someone local they can phone if they need anything will be just enough. Why not ask for any prayer requests at the same time.
3. Let your light shine on Social Media. Be positive and encouraging. Don’t be afraid to put yourself out there! I’ve been putting the 7 Day Praise Walk for our families on the church Facebook page – letting Alan film me marching in our house. Now is not the time to be ashamed of our faith, people are looking for answers.
4. Re-connect. Humble yourself and mend relationships. God calls us to be peacemakers. Take the first step and make peace – text, call, whatever it takes.
5. Volunteer. The NHS and pharmacies are looking for volunteers to deliver. An opportunity to help those who are in need.
6. Phone someone every day. I have had some amazing conversations with some of our church members over the last week. If we are serving in church, we don’t always have time to chat to everyone, now is a good time to have those conversations that you always wanted to have.
At the end of last year and the beginning of this year, many ministries were declaring that this year, 2020, would be a year of harvest. This has not changed! We are going to see a flood of people come into the Kingdom of God this year.
Take a moment to consider who is being impacted by your life now and let us know how you are going in to the harvest field at this time.
Day 90. Luke 7:1-30
God is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow. Today we read some powerful testimonies of yesterday. He is still working today. Pick an emoji or just use a thumbs up and leave your mark here today.
Day 91. Luke 7:31-50
What verse stands out to you today?
Day 92. Luke 8:1-21
This is a time to let our light shine. How are you shining today?
Day 93. Luke 8:22-56
What is God speaking to you about today?
Day 94. Luke 9:1-36
Jesus took 5 loaves and 2 fish and fed 5,000. How are you sharing your food at the moment? Have you got any testimonies of provision?
Day 95. Luke 9:37-62
If you work for the NHS or are a key worker at this time, leave an emoji so we can pray for you today. Thank you for paying the cost.
Day 96. Luke 10:1-24
How are you going in to the harvest field while you are “staying home”?